About

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

31 Days to an Organized Home

Organization is not one of my God given talents. I however strive every day to reach an organized point and always end up failing. So when I stumbled across Kelly's blog the other day she made it seem so easy!! Plus with a title like  The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking it seemed right up my "perfectly cluttered, imperfect alley."
So I decided to commit myself to her 31 Days to an Organized Home.

Today is Day 2: An Organized Coat Closet { Day 1 was admitting you have a problem :o) }

And as you can see ours was in major need of cleaning out. Shoes, backpacks, purses, coats, scarves, gloves, toys and a few other things I'm still trying to figure out why they were in there!?
After 45 minutes of cleaning I had started to make some headway. I didn't want to buy anything to organize so I began scouring the house for things I could use.
For the hats, gloves, scarves, etc. I used a wall hanging spice rack I had stored in the craft room and 2 large Command Hooks. Worked perfectly! 
Jackets, coats and rain gear have there own sections in the closet by who they belong too. Purses are organized on the top shelf along with my yoga mat, our outdoor blanket and shopping cart cover. Visible and accessible!

I decided to also utilize all the space I could by hanging seasonal items like my beach bag from the shelf braces. Easy to find yet out of the way leaving room for other items. Shoes go along with the bottom with a small wicker basket for Holden's shoes. I kept it to a minimum storing only a few pairs here. Best part is keeping the shoes to only a few pairs opened up room for my vacuum! Which has been hanging out in the corner of my craft area for a few months now.
And here is my finished product. 

I am super proud! If you don't count the time it took keeping the toddler and the dog out of the closet it probably only took me around 30 minutes to get the finished product. Whoever thought you could feel so productive and reduce so much stress in such a small amount of time!
Kelly has some awesome tips on her site so go check her out and join me later for Day 3!!!






 .

2 comments:

  1. Next month you wanna come do my house? I promise no toddlers will get in the way; I can't say the same for the dog :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you inspired me to clean out our coat closet as well. The closet looks awesome but now I have tons of stuff with out a home!

    ReplyDelete