About

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Master Bedroom Chair Unveiling....

Hello! The time has finally come to unveil my first REAL re-upholstery project!!
Upon deciding to find and re-vamp a chair instead of buying a new one I was SUPER excited to get started. Upon getting said chair in my garage ready to re-vamp I felt like I had gotten in a little over my head.
I came across this chair at a yard-sale while home visiting my Momma last Oct.. We had already hit up an estate sale and were heading back home and spotted a tee-tiny, little yard sale sign. I'm telling you people...Don't overlook those back out of the way yard sales ( as long as it's safe. ) They are were you will find some of your best treasures. I payed a WHOOPING $3 for this chair! Nothing wrong with it, it was a custom order from a NC furniture manufacturer ( that has sadly since gone under ) and was obviously the right price.
                                                                              Before



                                                                           After



Even Holden thought it was quite the bee's knees :o)


I bought the fabric at Hancock's on sale for $2.00 a yard. I fell in love with it when I saw it. I love toile and it went perfect with our master bedroom redo ideas! As for paint I used Krylon Glossy in Khaki over a coat of Krylon Gray Primer. It took 2 cans to get the finish I wanted especially on the wicker sides. You have to look at them from every angle to make sure they get covered. The cushions were still in great shape so we just ripped and recovered. I say WE because thankfully my wonderful Mother in Law offered to help me with this one :o)
All in all I'm very happy with the outcome but I'm still trying to decide. Do I need some upholstery tacks lining the back? Or maybe a decorative trim? What do you all think?

Total Price of Chair Overhaul
Chair : $3
Fabric : (2 yds at $2 each) $4
 Primer: $3
Paint: $8
Total: $18.00



Adorable, Chessey, Toddler Smiles...FREE.



~Alison






3 comments:

  1. I say no to tacks I think it will take away from the cleanness, but a simple cording might look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Britt! its beautiful Alison! good job! I tell you there is nothing you can't do! :) I love the Toile as well. beautiful color

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Amazing Alison! Great job my friend!! I love the khaki color that you chose and your son is SO cute!!

    Love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete