About

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thrifty Finds

Hi! Sorry things have been kinda silent around here lately but we are back!!!


If you know me personally you know that I am a thrift store loving gal!! No lie I'm usually in one at least 3 times a week. I don't always find anything super awesome but lately I've hit the jackpot!

I found these vintage aluminum cookie cutters at Goodwill last week for $3.
They were in a GIANT bag of plastic cookie stamps and I just couldn't pass them up. Plus I spotted these 2 guys in there as well. To cool! 
Now to share the find that I am most excited about! When we moved back to Charleston I promised myself that I would save my pennies and purchase some beautiful art pieces by local artist. If you live here you know the options are endless!! Charleston is full of talented photographers, painters, sculptors and their work can be found in the open air market or their private galleries in the historical streets. But, while out at the local thrifts the last couple of weeks I came across these two beauties........
Both by local Charleston artist and I only payed $18.95 for both prints!!!!!
The first is by local artist Anne Worsham Richardson. She does natural prints and this on is titled "Carolina Wren and Yellow Jasmine."( which is the SC state bird and flower...fitting...no?)  Even better...It's signed!!
The second piece is by Julia Homer Wilson. I have to do some more research on the print as I'm not sure what house is it and most of her things are only available through the Charleston Preservation Society.  All I know is it a beautiful piece! It came with the frame pictured and matched our Master Bedroom PERFECTLY!!

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my goodies! Are you thrifting Momma? Found anything great lately?! Please share!!!

1 comment:

  1. Alison! You won the sunshine giveaway! Please email me your address at polkadotsandpuppies@gmail.com and I'll get your goodies in the mail. Thanks for your sunshine! ;)

    ReplyDelete